Gottlieb System 1 "Mark II" top quality Ni-Wumpf CPU board. Here are a few benefits about this board compared to the original:
- Direct replacement of the original System 1 board.
- Enhanced switch input circuitry preventing damage to the board from playfield wiring issues.
- 3-month warranty.
- All game code completely re-written (with some minor original Gottlieb glitches omitted!)
- Text based diagnostics menu system that allows operator settings previously done via DIP switches to be entered via front door switches.
- Tests that cycle repeatedly (until timeout) to help isolate faults.
- Enhanced use of high reliability surface-mount components with off-the-shelf thru-hole components at the edge for ease of serviceability.
- Display test to exercise all digit segments (numbers), and to strobe each digit independently to check for display (UDN6118) shorts.
- Solenoid test that exercises each coil including lamp controlled coils (when DIP switch configuration set for such a game).
- Enhanced switch test to identify stuck switches.
- Power-up code revision and game setting displayed for quick diagnostic configuration identification.
- Switch test that detects dirty switches on the playfield.
- All 16 System 1 games are included on one board with no ROM swapping required.
- One DIP switch setting to select your game.
- Original MPU functionality has been closely duplicated and adds many optional features including:
Free game mode, Updated game options for many games to allow add-a-ball mode (multiple free-balls awarded during a single ball) where the playfield challenge is completely reset once after scoring the free-ball / special, Menu options to disable add-a-ball (for operators who requested it!), Restore factory-settings option for quick reset of settings.
- Open-collector output logic with zener diode protection for all solenoid circuits and lamp select lines to prevent CPU damage from a damaged driver board.
- Battery-less operation; all settings and high-score data are stored in FLASH with >100,000 write cycles.
- Designed for low-cost component repair and maintenance on I/O sensitive components (exposed to bad displays / bad driver boards, etc.)
- Stuck switches are ignored and do not impair the rest of the games operation, including the slam switch!
This board will work on the following machines:
Asteroid Annie, Buck Rogers, Charlie's Angels, Cleopatra, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Count Down, Dragon, Genie, Hulk, Joker Poker, Pinball Pool, Roller Disco, Sinbad, Solar Ride, Torch and Totem.